Wednesday, May 13, 2015

8 May Organizing Challenge - Let's Get This Party Started!

It has been a few months since I have pulled out an organizing challenge, so we are definitely due!  It is time for you to take on a project (or two or three) and share it with this fabtastic community!


I can't wait to see what you have been up to or what do you have planned this month.  Closet takeovers?  Drawer cleanings?  Cabinet organizing?  Furniture building?  I can't wait to see!

I just shared a tiny bit of all of the awesomeness from the last link party here.  I am blown away each time these parties role around, and I find so much pleasure taking time to read more about YOU!

So what have we been up to since the previous link party? 

Most days lately I feel like we are constantly working on things, yet have about 524 unfinished projects.  Yet, as I sit here and type in my dining area and gaze over at an almost complete kitchen, I know that every last small detail adds up in the overall renovation equation.  Slowly but surely, we will get there!  And just knowing how much we have been able to take on ourselves is completely worth every late night.

Here is a recap of the past two months around the iHeart home.


Starting off in the kitchen, we gave our coat closet some new storage.  We have been using it for a couple of months now and really love the new drawers.  Also, we have been able to hang both a winter jacket and a spring option for the entire family without any space issues.  Overall, this project receives a huge A+ for the first time in the history of makeovers this closet has received over the years.



Also in the kitchen, we selected and installed all of the cabinet hardware.  We also DIY'd some cord covers for the hanging pendant lights.



It is probably no surprise that one thing I couldn't wait to do, is organize our new kitchen pantry!  In fact, I would say it has been one of my favorite kitchen projects since we started the entire renovation process.



Organizing our utility drawer was also one of those small-yet-big kitchen celebrations.



In our last kitchen update, we shared our chandelier story and also had just received our center island cabinets. 


Although we have since finished installing the flooring into the kitchen, everything else went on the back-burner while we switched gears and placed our focus on the living room side of things.  We took the space from sub-floors to fireplace fabulous in about five full weeks!



You can catch up on the entire living room One Room Challenge process here.


I always try to keep a healthy mix of big projects and little projects, and being knee deep in a major renovation, doesn't always make that easy.  But as much as I love the dramatics of our big transformation, it is those little projects that I am most passionate about.


I built this sweet hair tool organizer and the project really was as simple as it looks!  And hooray for conquering bathroom counter clutter!
 


I was challenged to style a basic hanging air-plant, so I played with wire and embroidery floss to create a playful addition to our lower level bathroom.



To try and prevent the remotes from running off at night, I created a remote control caddy from a desktop organizer.  I have already been enjoying the added slots for my iPad, current magazines and notepad.



Quick and easy DIY projects are my jelly jam, and the wood tray mirror was no exception.  Quick, easy, done at a fraction of the cost of my inspiration and a piece that causes me to smile at it each day... I call that a jumbo win!



Taking a small break from the kitchen and living room, I switched my focused to something that has been on my list for far too long.  One too many snagged sweaters later and beautiful new sweater boxes were born.  Goes to show that anything wrapped in pretty paper or fabric can look amazing and also function fabulously.



Between the kitchen, living room and smaller projects, I also managed to squeeze in some travel to NYC.  It was such a fun opportunity partnering with HomeGoods to create a happy home office that reflects my personal style.  Definitely an experience I won't forget!



While I was away, I couldn't take a break from blogging.  I used it as an opportunity to share some of my favorite packing tips!


And to top things off, we continued to find "quick" ways to tweak things around our home as well.



Now, it is your turn to link up and share your favorite projects with all of us (the last organizing challenge had almost 58,000 views!  That is A LOT of LOVE).


As always, an over-sized thank you to all who participate in these challenges.  Checking out your posts is my guilty pleasure every month, so bring it on!  As always, I will be sharing some of your projects via social media and doing a recap at the end of the party.


IHeart Organizing is not responsible for the content uploaded and shared within the Monthly Link Parties on within the #wiorn hashtag feed.  However, it is a great way to join together in making organizing fun, so let's use our best internet etiquette and have a great time with this social party.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting an awesome party! I love seeing your recap of your latest projects. Eye candy, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be such a great linking party. Who can pass up 100s of organization ideas all in one place... not I! I'm sure I'll be by daily to check out the new links. Thanks for hosting! Your blog is amazing and such a pleasure to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jen for hosting. I will take a chance to thank you for inspiring me all that time. You are really talented. I wish you have time soon to take a look to my mail. I know how much you are busy with those beautiful projects. You are a motivation to me all the time. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for hosting an awesome party!! Looking for it again next month!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting, Jen! Your reno is looking amazing ... love, love, love the fireplace! In. Love. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog!! I'm getting married pretty soon and I love organising, but I'm learning that coming from your parents' home to your OWN place is a HUGE difference! Thanks for all the great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the amazing linky party and for the inspiration on your blog. Your new living room is sooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hanging air plant is going to be the one I am trying the next day. Love the special touch of embroidery floss to wire.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to join in on the conversation! I read and appreciate each and every comment, however, I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious, or spam-like. I would love for this comment section to be used as a place to engage in purposeful dialogue, I only ask that everyone remains constructive and considerate.

All comments will be moderated and may take a moment to appear.