Wednesday, November 5, 2014

19 Monthly Organizing Challenge: Let's Get The Party Started!

It has been a few months again since we have partied like organizing rockstars, so I am cranking up the tunes and inviting you all over to celebrate!


I don't know about you, but I LOVE this time of the month when you get to stop by and share your organizing projects with me!  Since it has been a couple of months again, my fingers are crossed that you have plenty to share!  And remember, I love seeing anything and everything from organizing a purse or drawer to making over a closet or piece of furniture. 

Here is a quick re-cap of some of our favorite projects since our previous link party.



School has begun and our days are chugging along at full speed ahead.  You can find my top tips for keeping the school year running smoothly here.



Sometimes it is those simple, quick tips that are the best!  Check out my solution for labeling mail stacks here.



Our kitchen project is so close I can taste it!  Part of the process is doing a lot of research, so I took a day trip to IKEA and shared all of the storage eye candy here.



We tend to hop all over the place in terms of the projects we are tackling from day to day.  But one thing that took priority was building and staining a larger work surface for the studio.
To compliment the new desk, we also re-upholstered my most favorite piece of furniture in the entire house; the floral chair!



Inspired by all of the flokati stools on the market, we whipped up a sweet little furry stool that gives me a place to prop my feet each day.



But that is not all we tackled in the studio!  I took an afternoon and finally got our piles of paperwork filed and under control.  Feels so good, nah nah nah nah....



With all of my recent travels, I decided to DIY a cord organizer out of gold gilded leather.  Fabulous and functional !



In the spirit of the arrival of autumn, I spent a quick ten minutes to DIY some gold "leaf" art.



Sometimes you stumble across that perfect piece and when you know, you know!  I shared our coffee table switcharoo here.



Although it didn't make the final cut in the master bedroom room refresh, this beaded chandelier update was fun while it lasted!



Because I always love a good change, I decided to do a temporary paper treatment behind our folding station in the laundry room.  It gave me that splash of pattern and color that the room needed, but should I ever tire of it, it can be removed in one swift motion.



The pretty paper wasn't the only addition to our laundry room.  We finally dealt with our paint storage problem by building a new storage cabinet and then filling it up with all of my pretty painting supplies.



While we were already playing the building game, we also built our oldest son a new nightstand.  I am smitten with the subtle copper embellishments!

Along with all of the fun projects we have been working on, I also began my five year blogiversary series.  If you are looking to catch up on some behind the scenes blog reading, you can check those posts out here:

Now, it is your turn to link up and share your favorite projects with me!


As always, an over-sized thank you to all who participate in these challenges.  Checking out your posts is my guilty pleasure every month, so bring it on!  This month I will also be sharing some of your projects via social media and as always, will be doing a recap at the end of the party.


IHeart Organizing is not responsible for the content uploaded and shared within the Monthly Link Parties on within the #wiorn hashtag feed.  However, it is a great way to join together in making organizing fun, so let's use our best internet etiquette and have a great time with this social party.

19 comments:

  1. Hi Jen! Thank for hosting this fabulous party! I love seeing the recaps of all of your beautiful projects and love getting to check out all the other projects that get linked up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, again for a great link party. I was able to link up and now I can't wait to read all the others.

    Thank you!!!
    Elizabeth Moench (Right Where We Are)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm overwhelmed. I'm about to move into a new home with the hubby, so I have a "fresh start," but that just makes it all more overwhelming because I have to do it ALL! The take it one room as it comes is hard for me. How would you start if you were moving into a completely new place and had to start your awesome organizing all over again from scratch? Please, please, PLEASE help me get organized so our new home looks like a home and not a cluttered closet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for hosting! And I LOVE your new photo on the sidebar - gorgeous! :-)

    xo,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your desk chair. Someday I'd like to have something pretty like that in my office -- when I reach the point where I can stop buying furniture from the "as is" section of Ikea lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for hosting! I always look forward to all the inspiring posts in your party!
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for hosting this fun party Jen! So excited to party like an organizing rock star with you girl! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting. I shared this on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Thanks for doing this! In the link I put I actually gave you a shout out (for bookplate labels- holla!) not realizing you were doing this link up! Horray!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow this is just organizing heaven!

    rae of love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heart everything you do! Thank you for hosting this party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm late to the party but off to check out some of the cool stuff in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so jealous of everything you do. I would have to say that my favorite part about your blog and your style is the colors and patterns that you incorporate in everything. The reason I am jealous is because I rent and are unable to make any changes to our home. I actually had to sign a "do's and don'ts" list which included no adhesives on the walls and no large screws. I am not even allowed to change out the window treatments. So this makes doing a lot of these decorating ideas difficult for me. So instead, I drool over your ideas daily and wonder how I can make what you do work in my own home?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for hosting this FABBO party, Jen. I'm going to "research" all the link-ups once the kids are in bed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jen I am very excited to link up to your party as you are the one who inspired me to start blogging! I love all your projects :-) ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these link ups- so many great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi....Thank you for hosting the party! I love seeing all of these projects :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to join in on the conversation! I read and appreciate each and every comment, however, I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious, or spam-like. I would love for this comment section to be used as a place to engage in purposeful dialogue, I only ask that everyone remains constructive and considerate.

All comments will be moderated and may take a moment to appear.