Tuesday, May 31, 2011

19 May Challenge: Project "Projects" {PARTY!}

Time to get your boogie woogie booty shaking self to the iHeart Organizing Project Link Party!  That's right, we all have been plugging away all month on a variety of projects, big and small, and now we get to share all of the fun and inspiration and ideas and successes with everyone!  I have been waiting for this moment all month!

This month I made a list of projects I wanted to get done {and shared a freebie printable with you} and it definitely was a hefty one.  No way could it all be done in one month, however, I am not disappointed in the list of accomplishments we were able to check off the ol' honey do checklist!

We really put our efforts in getting the boys settled in their new digs before we start tearing up half of our home.  If you recall, we started out with some too huge bunk beds in a too small space:


I decided that the stripes on the one wall work working any longer because it required the wall to be a focal point, yet the layout of the room wasn't conducive to that with the boys now sharing the space {it was originally done as a nursery for one with the bed center of the striped wall}.  We also decided bunk beds just aren't our bag.  Big, clunky, hard to make, hard to snuggle and climb and console our little man in the middle of the night if a bad dream is had.... so we asked the Craig if we could list the beds, and started painting over the stripes....


Then we re-taped new stripes all around the entire perimeter of the room:



We painted in the stripes and pulled the tape!


I then installed the new beds, painted some existing picture frames red and hung some airplane art:


To really make the room shine, a new light fixture was added:


And because of the new layout, we also updated the functionality of their closet, installed a bookshelf, added dowels and spruced up some canvas bins:


Of course, there are all sorts of things to wrap up in the space from installing additional shelving in the closet and adding closet doors to installing their new wall map.  But in one month's time, the room went through quite the transformation!


But enough about me.  As much as the boys just get giddy excited about their bedroom, I have been looking at it for a month straight and can't wait to see some new projects!  That's where you come in.  Let's make this the biggest link up party yet!



And a button for you:





IHeart Organizing








Have a lovely week!



I decided a little challenge would be fun! This month we are getting all those projects done! Any project big or small counts! Wanna join? Take photos and blog about your awesomeness as you go! I am hoping to do a giant, "We did it!" celebratory post where we can all link up our project completing success stories at the end of the month!

19 comments:

  1. Love this project, those stripes are so fresh!

    -Chic Done Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their room looks great! Thanks for hosting too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bedroom looks amazing! I love all the neat details and those wall stripes are fantastic.

    Thanks for hosting the party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great room! I'm so happy for you being able to get it done! I had hoped to link up a finished playroom redo but I'm at least a week away from being finished...so I only linked up one of the many projects that are going into it. But thank you so much for the party and the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love those bins and the embellishment you put on them! Perfect for a little boy's room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I love it! =) Once again girl, fantastic makeover for the boy's room! This will totally grow with them and I'm not doubting they're obsessed with their awesome mama's hard work! mwah!

    Hope you had a fabulous memorial day weekend!!!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how your room turned out and the closet is awesome! Your boys must love their new room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am seriously impressed that you got that far on their bedroom in just one month! Go Jen!! I love everything you do. Thank you for sharing and getting my butt in gear. Off to work on my bench!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It really looks so great. I love seeing the two twin beds in there and you know I LOVE the closet. Will be showing it tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jen,

    I am going to be linking up a post soon and am trying to figure out how to include the button in my post - but to no avail. Can anyone help me figure it out?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW....amazing... love the colors! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the boys' digs! Great job, you inspire me to attempt at home projects!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this prject! It even got me inspired to change things up a little in my boy's wardrobe, you can see my efforts over at SheThrifts :o)

    Also, I found these printables while looking for labels, and thought of your boys room!

    http://www.scribd.com/doc/33471411/4th-of-July-Food-Tent-Cards

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is the linky closed? :( I just put my project on my blog yesterday and would love to link up!! Please let me know! (sarahklawhorn at gmail dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love love love those stripes! Great job...I'm impressed with the room makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! First love, love, love this blog!! Second, can you please tell me where you got the boys new beds, I love the headboards? Thx.

    Olivia8cameron3@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Lisa -

    Here is a link to the beds: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S59839332

    We chose them because they were high enough off of the ground to offer up great under bed storage!

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey I love this, where are the knitted bedspreads from? I'm just about to start re-doing my boys' room - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I found the quilts at Target years ago, but I think they still have similar options in the children's bedroom department. Circo brand. Love them, they have held up wonderful over the years! xoxo! Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to join in on the conversation! I read and appreciate each and every comment, however, I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious, or spam-like. I would love for this comment section to be used as a place to engage in purposeful dialogue, I only ask that everyone remains constructive and considerate.

All comments will be moderated and may take a moment to appear.