Thursday, July 8, 2010

8 July Featured Space: Bathroom - Shelftacular Part 2

I am back to share another spectacular shelf within our same master bathroom space.  If you recall, I chatted earlier this week about the wonderfulness that is my perfume shelf.  I just adore it's simplicity, ability to keep my sents safe and that it just down right opened up the space A TON!


But more magic is happening across the way, by form of another shelving unit.  However, this one is a little larger, holds some hand towels and has extra storage to boot!


Can anyone guess what I did to make it just perfect for the space?  Anyone?  Bueller?

How about a closeup...


Anyone notice a little magic happening on the back side of the shelving unit?

When I purchased it, it looked a little like this stock photo:


Cute right?  But I wanted to give it a little more of a show stopping wow factor.  Which is why I added some scrap wallpaper to the back panel to create a subtle yet awesome end result in the matter of seconds, literally! 


Of course the matching turquoise blue Q-Tips don't hurt this photo either, making an accessory out of function!


The other slots hold cotton balls:


And a sugar dish?


Yep, I am definitely always one to put things to use in places they may not have been originally meant for!  But hey, the cheapo white container was perfect in the space for...


Holding round cotton pads!  Who knew?!

So there you have it!  Another super easy and fantastical shelf idea... a little decorative paper really can go a long way!

Anyone have similar stories to share?  What are you covering the backs of your bookcases with lately?  Or lining drawers with?  Or covering soup cans with?  Please inspire me!

8 comments:

  1. Love it!! I have wallpaper backing out fireplace built-ins but it's time for a re-do!!

    I'm hosting my first giveaway if you haven't stopped over yet, I hope you can!!

    http://ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so inspired by your blog! You give me great ideas to get organized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have embossed wrapping paper on my bookshelf. My friend helped me take the back off and put it there. It is white on white with dark wood. Real pretty! My camera broke so I have to wait for pictures.

    Anyways, I noticed it right away..the paper matched the towels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get this shelf? It's so practical

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Eli!

    I found the shelf through Home Decorators. I don't believe they have the exact one any longer, but they may have something similar!

    xoxo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the glass shelve things are so hideous!

    They give smaller bathroom a lot more organizing space though but it just makes the bathroom look a lot smaller and takes away from any other decor in the bathroom.

    I like the smaller shelf idea a lot better though, I'm going to call my grandma and tell her to get rid of her glass shelf thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did you find the cabinet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cabinet below is a dual hamper I found from HomeDecorators.com

      xo!
      Jen

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to join in on the conversation! I read and appreciate each and every comment, however, I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious, or spam-like. I would love for this comment section to be used as a place to engage in purposeful dialogue, I only ask that everyone remains constructive and considerate.

All comments will be moderated and may take a moment to appear.