Tuesday, August 4, 2015

63 The 2016 IKEA Catalog: Items iHeart!

Over the course of the year, there are quite a few special dates I look forward to...  My children's birthdays, our anniversary, family road trips, the release of the IKEA catalog...

Is that not normal?  Someone please tell me that is OK.


Although I am trying to break away from too much IKEA in our home, it is still an annual guilty pleasure to dive head first into their colorful catalog pages.  IKEA is known for creating smart storage for small spaces, and the organizing loving gal I am can't get enough of their creative solutions.  Last year I even took a multiple hour stroll through the store and shared everything new that caught my eye here.

This year I had my family with me when we stopped in quickly after a baseball game, so I didn't have the opportunity to touch and feel and ooh and ahh over all of the new goodness.  However, just in the few moments we were there, a few things did jump out at me.  And since that trip I have browsed the beautiful and inspiration filled book a few times, flagging page after page.  So many fab things stole my heart again this year!  (You can view the digital version of the 2016 IKEA catalog here).



That table.  I am 100% lusting for that table.  I now wish that our current table would accidentally fall apart after a wild and crazy table top dance party, so that I could justify the purchase of the new table.  I am really digging a variety of natural wood tones lately, and something about the coloring and visible grain in the table above makes my eyes go gaga.  And it is even better in the store.



Although small and clear, those sweet little glass vases still managed to catch my eye.  And is that a pink tray table?  Why sure it is!



IKEA has a variety of beautiful new glassware; everything from canisters to jars to bottles.  That casserole cooker made me look twice as well.  It looks large enough to feed our always hungry and growing boys.  Those beautiful ARV plates are the reason I went to the store in the first place.



Caddies get me every time.  So many ways I can think of to use the new RISATORP wire basket; cutlery, bath toys, sun & bug spray, crafts, sewing supplies, cleaning supplies, shower toiletries....



Although I don't see them listed online just yet, you can bet one of those cutting boards will eventually end up on our new counters.



Something else I am considering for our counters is the new BITTERGURKA plant pot.  Say that word five times fast.  Even typing it makes me giggle. BITTERGURKA, BITTERGURKA, BITTERGURKA....



Dining should also be relaxing and those grey chairs look like they would just give you a little hug while you eat.  They also remind me of some of the pricier chairs that catch my eye at West Elm.  That clear glass cabinet peeking through is a stunning addition to any dining space.



In fact, IKEA's cabinet options are one of the main reasons that I had back to the store time and time again.



Getting back to cozy seating options, the new STOCKSUND line looks quite comfortable and family friendly.  I am a fan of the cleaner lines paired with the rolled arms.  Anyone have experience with IKEA seating?  I can't personally speak to it, but I sort of want to give one of those chairs a whirl!



The woven stools are not new this year, but I have been tempted to toss them into my shopping cart time and time again.  Not only do they stack nicely, they also offer versatile seating for little ones, both indoors and out!



I have a feeling that plaids and checks are going to continue to be hot for awhile.  The grey SMÅNATE cushion cover is a superfab price!



I know not everything needs to be sprayed or gilded in gold, but that task lamp is definitely asking for it big time.  Especially with that sleek black shade, it would be an amazing update.



Let's get back to a few smart and inexpensive storage solutions.   The tree-like hook organizer is versatile enough to work in an entryway for accessories, a closet for jewelry or in a child's bedroom for backpacks and sporting gear.



IKEA's kitchen wall storage is another "go to" for me in areas all over our home.  Anytime you can pair rails with hooks, baskets and organizers, you will find wins for your crafts, kitchen gadgets and toiletries.



New suction cup bins, baskets and hooks also keep your bathroom surfaces flowing with functionality.



Let's take a moment to collectively sigh in delight over that tiered storage tower.  And I am happy to testify my love for those green flexi-bins.  I have a couple and they are awesome for kids and outdoor toys.



The flexible NORDRANA drawer organizers look cozy enough to wear.  I really love their texture and the fact they look good enough to be left out on the counter.



And for acrylic lovers like myself, they have thought of us as well.  They even went above and beyond by adding lids to their drawer organizers, which is something I rarely find!



Looking for another way to make a big impact on a budget? Think about tiling multiple noticeboards to create an abundance of surface for important papers and memos, while also adding decorative detailing to your walls.



Being organized in the home office can really make or break your finances and budget.  IKEA has a slew of smart, colorful and functional storage options.  Every time I go to IKEA I try to find a reason to need those green office supply drawers....



Boxes big and small, wall pockets, shelving and work surfaces?  They have you covered with it all.



Of course, IKEA knows how to help you maximize your closet.  If you are renting, they even have a variety of solutions for over your closet doors that are not permanent.  They also supply drawers, dressers, wardrobes, boxes and free standing shelving, all of which can be mixed and matched to eliminate any wasted space.  Their catalog is full of ideas and ways to take advantage of the space that you have available, no matter the size of your home.




I am loving the new TROFAST bin colors, IKEA makes me want to be a kid again.  And little toy sacks that hang from hooks are also my jelly jam.








Tag, you are it!  I would love to know what is on your IKEA wish list this year and what caught your eye in the newest catalog?  Are you planning any good IKEA hacks this year?  Do you also have the IKEA catalog release date scribbled down in your planner surrounded by hearts and stickers and highlighter?

Psssst!  IKEA does not sponsor or pay me for these posts.  It is just annual fun for me and you!

63 comments:

  1. What great picks! I think that Ikea always has such great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pink tray table is definitely calling my name for my office renovation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - just as an extra coffee table when friends come round

      Delete
  3. I also just recieve my catalog! I was thinking, "I wonder which of these items Jen might like?" Total coincidence!! Wow!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also look forward to the release of the Ikea catalog. I looked in my mailbox like twice a day for a week. That dining table also made my heart skip a beat - modern farmhouse-y goodness. And I too want that drawer unit in green. It could probably fit all my planner supplies. Probably.

    I have the Karlstad loveseat in fabric & the Sater faux-leather sofa (no longer online) - I use the loveseat everyday and while the seats slide which is annoying it is comfortable enough for occasional naps. The cushions are a bit stiff at first but with enough use they get comfier. I'd say it's a great value, especially if you're getting a large sectional. Just my two cents :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the slip covered furniture. I have a stocksund chair since the beginning of Dec. (my husbands seat.) I bought a second cover for it since we have dogs. I also have the Kivik sofa with the chaise and storage ottoman that I bought used and I purchased an extra cover for. Liked it enough to get the Stocksund chair about 6 months later. Love being able to change the covers for Winter and Summer and if I have a sick dog just pulling the cover off and washing it. It is a 75 mile trip one way but I make the trip a few times a year list in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen.. Do acrylic organizers have BPA or other toxins? Love the look but just want to be sure..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the plastics IKEA use are BPA free, but that is definitely something that you can find on their site or by contacting them directly. Not all "acrylic" organizers are made of the same plastics and sometimes is a general reference for the style/look of the product. xoxo!

      Delete
  7. I love the EKTORP products. We have love seat, love seat with chase, and an armchair. They are so comfortable.Covers are removable, so they're easy to clean ( a must with three boys and a dog). We paired those with HEMNES products for living room, and I'm so in love with our living area.
    Few days ago I got BRAVUR wall clock, I'm very happy with that purchase.
    I've been eyeing the STOCKHOLM rug (black and white stripes) for awhile now, hopefully I'll get one soon
    I also like those cutting boards and plant pots, they'll look great in the kitchen! Who am I kidding, I love everything IKEA,it's my "go to" store!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, i'm so waiting for that catalog (like aniversary..) Nice picks, and I'm excited knowing I "must" purchase new one, can't wait till next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So funny that you've picked many of the same items I have! I do have to say that their cushioned couches and chairs are uber uncomfortable, though. I've never purchased them, but just sitting in a store model is enough to make me look the other way. So sad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks so good! I love Ikea :)

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!!! Now I just wish we had an Ikea in South Africa - all so amazing!! Can't wait to browse through the catalogue now x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks awesome, thank you for sharing!
    The woven stool looks nice, looks very cozy.
    And, I use a lot of their boxes to organize my stuffs. I sort them into different categories. It makes everything look clean and chic. I got the pink, green, and white ones to add some color to my room. Very beautiful! I love the way it turned out.

    Vanessa│Meili Journey

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are stunning! I'm so excited to start decorating the new apartment in less than a month now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Ikea so pretty but affordable, love the tree hook organiser

    Jacqui | Halcyon Jar

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ikea is everywhere in my home. I seriously love that store!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. If it helps, those green office supply drawers really aren't that great. After a while they start making noises when you open or close the drawers or simply move the entire piece... (I don't know the English word but it's this really annoying screeching noise that hurts your ears.) I had one in my room growing up (and after moving out, so maybe 10-15 years) and it functions great but I was so annoyed that I threw it out a few years ago...
    And what is a Bittergurka? Bitter means bitter (surprise) or sour and gurka means cucumber but what is a bitter cucumber? I don't think I've ever seen one. :-)
    /Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in love with that table. There's an IKEA opening up in Cleveland soon. That will be my first purchase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jealous! Send it my way if it doesn't end up working out. ;)

      Delete
  18. Hahahaha my wife looked over my shoulder while i was reading this post and said "Hey look she chose all the same things you did. I guess you arent alone inyour ridiculousness." high fives for being ridiculously in love with ikea.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I laughed out loud at seeing your post subject this morning! We recently got our catalog in the mail too and my husband joked about how he didn't know if he wanted me to have it yet since I will flip through it and make a wish list a mile long. :) I'm still making my wish list but I have already marked a few off yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now I am jealous! I am from Germany and we only get the new catalogue end of August/September...
    BTW: I looooove your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE the Liatorp range, I sigh every time I see them. I bought the coffee table many years ago before I moved out of home but couldn't take it with me when I got married :( I've been trying to convince my husband that we should get rid of our solid timber TV unit that we got as a gift from my grandparents and get the Liatorp buffet to replace it because "it has doors to keep his tech stuff away from our baby girl's hands of destruction" and it is gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ha! My husband says I'm crazy because I always get so giddy when the catalog arrives! Now I know I'm not alone :)

    I haven't had the chance to see all the new items, but for now I'm loving the whole BITTERGURKA series.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's like the candy store for organizers, isn't it? I don't happen to live very close to one, but I do enjoy perusing the catalog. I enjoyed seeing your favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love those clear bud vases! Such a small item but really cute.
    I have never been able to get over how low to the ground all of the IKEA furniture is... I LOVE those chairs with the rolled arms, they look comfy! I just their furniture sat a few inches higher... I don't know if I could stand being low like that :/ Thanks for this list, looks like I might be dragging the hubs to IKEA soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. You always find the most wonderful things. I'm an IKEA fanatic (well, it might have to do with the fact that I'm Swedish, living in Sweden with two IKEA's a 15 minute drive away...) and I never see the stuff you see. I also love the glass vases (Vårvind= Spring wind) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I want to go to IKEA to try the vegan "meat"balls! LOL
    The only reason I don't go often is because it's a maze, it's so frustrating when you just want ONE thing but have to go through the whole store to find it and then get lost when you want to leave!
    I wish they could scatter seating around for those who have trouble walking for long periods of time. If that ever happens, I could spend every day there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKEA has "shortcuts" straight to the Marketplace where you can find everything, without having to go through the entire showroom maze. Unless I've got an hour or more to browse the showroom for ideas or new items, I will go straight to the Marketplace and fill up my cart. Happy shopping!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Anonymous, will check that out.

      Delete
    3. Another tip that I use quite often: If I know that I'm looking for something specific, such as furniture I look on the website to see what aisle it's located on in my local store. Such a timesaver!

      Delete
  27. Oh Drool...and eye candy... I have TWO IKEA stores near me, but I haven't been there in YEARS. Looks like a trip will have to be on my to-do list this fall. Noting Roxanne's comment - they have vegan protein balls!? I'd love to try those. I remember their great apple cake/torte - is that still around?

    ReplyDelete
  28. great pics!!! if it help, I've had an IKEA couch (karlstad) for 3 years now and could not be happier with it! And I love my acrylic storage with lids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. In September we are moving to Canada for a few years. We are here now house hunting and put in an offer yesterday. I was SO excited when we passed an IKEA on our way. It's the perfect place to find furniture for renters. Now I am looking forward to grabbing the new catalog and start shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love that big table! So cute!!

    Her Heartland Soul
    http://herheartlandsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just copied your idea and did a post on my IKEA catalog favs.

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete
  32. Funny! I had no idea that now is the time the new catalog comes out. I wonder if it's the same here in Belgium? I DID think to go in the next couple of weeks. I always am trying to find reasons why I need to buy the neat things I find.

    ReplyDelete
  33. sorta glad to know i'm not the only crazy person that gets way too excited about the ikea catalog! fun fact i just learned the other day while drafting up a blog post...ikea has been selling the poang chair for 38 years (since 1977). thats crazy insane! http://www.onthecornerofbrodhead.com/ikea-poang-chair-review/

    ReplyDelete
  34. I, too love receiving the Ikea catalog. Ever since I was a child I have loved browsing through catalogs. Is it just me or do other people daydream about the items they love too? I have only been in an Ikea store once and was so overwhelmed with the amount of beautiful things they have. Unfortunately, my husband was with and he is totally not a shopper, I haven't been back since. There is a store not too far from me. I may have to go by myself and spend 1 or maybe 3 hours just browsing by myself. Thank goodness the kiddos go back to school in 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I look forward to getting my new catalog all year too!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm going to have to read this in sections over the next couple days. This is a week's worth of posting all at once. Obviously Ikea inspires you (makes me want to do a return trip with my sis).

    ReplyDelete
  37. Do they actually ship items or do you have to go to a store? The closest one to us is at least 2 hours away. I would love to be able to online shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe they do ship but it is my understanding that it is quite costly. :(

      Delete
  38. I am so sad we don't have an Ikea store in New Zealand, not one. When we lived in Australia we bought some things there including a sleeper chaise sofa, can't recall the name. It was great, very comfortable both for sitting and sleeping and had storage under the long seat for the extra bedding. Sadly shipping it back here was too expensive and the cover, dark blue, had faded a bit. Not what I would put in my main
    Iivimg area but great for rumpus or family room. I am trying to buy a chest of drawers just now and keep seeing the perfect thing at IKEA! And as for the acrylic drawer dividers, mesh cart and small storage options - oh swoon .....

    ReplyDelete
  39. I too get super excited for the new IKEA catalog! I was reluctant to purchase an IKEA couch, but we've had our Ektorp corner sofa for over 5 years now and I have no regrets. With two young boys in the house, it takes a lot of abuse! I love that I can remove and wash the slipcovers when they get dirty. The slip cover is a bit worn now, but I've been wanting to get a new color anyway. I LOVE your blog!!! I am a totally organizational spaz and it's good to know that I'm not alone. My friends think I'm a little cuckoo. Thanks for all you share!

    ReplyDelete
  40. OMG! I get excited when this comes out too! What wonderful storage solutions.Especially those acrylic boxes with lids (yippeee!) Thanks so much for sharing this! I am scheduling a trip to IKEA soon!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love your selections. I also love how you flagged the pages, much better than dog ears. I'm sure I have some post it flags but where are they . . . time to get organized.

    ReplyDelete
  42. You keep pointing out more things I want! I haven't seen the catalog but there are so many good ideas for a small space.

    ReplyDelete
  43. WOW. This made me really really sad that we don't have an IKEA here in the Philippines!!!! My entire home would be filled with IKEA items, I'm sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. It is perfectly normal! I'm waiting impatiently for my paper copy to arrive!
    Cindy Brooks

    ReplyDelete
  45. I heart IKEA! Am waiting for my 2016 copy. Be still my beating heart...

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh how I love IKEA! We have to cross the Canadian border to get to our closest one so it is a well planned out annual event :) FYI the casserole dish you linked is wonderful. We use ours all the time! I can also recommend the Bravur wall clock. It's huge, silent and looks fantastic. Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I was just as excited as you when I saw my IKEA catalog in my mailbox. :) I went out and grabbed the cream colored RASKOG cart for the littlest for art/school supplies. I have quite a few IKEA things sprinkled around my house as well. Kind of funny considering when they opened, I initially didn't like them.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love love love IKEA! And I like that their items are pretty reasonable in price. And they usually have something I want that comes in every color! Unfortunately we don't live near one, and a lot of the stuff I do like isn't available online. Thank you for posting this!

    Kadisha @ ChaoticClassiness.blogspot.com

    Wishboard Wednesdays!
    http://chaoticclassiness.blogspot.com/2015/08/welcome-to-wish-board-wednesdays-have.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  49. So nice! I also love ikea, but there's no Ikea here in the Philippines. Most of the ikea items I have were bought from Singapore. Hopefully there will be an ikea shop here soon.

    Thanks for sharing! I really love your blog!♥

    http://butterflycharms.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  50. Great - now I have to go to Ikea and buy everything lol - great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I set aside an entire morning to sit in my favorite Ikea reading chair and go through the new catalog. We are moving to Florida in a few weeks, and going from one family room to two, and I have that Stocksund couch on the short list. We'll also have a dedicated office space, and I've been mentally decorating it for weeks now, but it could certainly use some more storage boxes! So far all the major pieces for the office are from Ikea! It's going to be very dangerous for me since I'm used to driving an hour and a half to the store, and now it's about 20 minutes away.

    ReplyDelete
  52. thank a lot for your site it assists a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hello, Neat post. There is a problem along with your
    website in internet explorer, may check this? IE still
    is the market leader and a large section of people will
    miss your great writing due to this problem. thi công biệt thự
    https://nhalouis.com/thi-cong-nha-biet-thu-dep

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to join in on the conversation! I read and appreciate each and every comment, however, I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious, or spam-like. I would love for this comment section to be used as a place to engage in purposeful dialogue, I only ask that everyone remains constructive and considerate.

All comments will be moderated and may take a moment to appear.