Monday, April 27, 2015

37 Acrylic Remote Caddy Stand

Hello and happy Monday friends!  Did you enjoy your weekend?  We started our built-ins this weekend so I will have some progress for you soon.  I appreciate you hanging in there in-between bigger updates.  With me not feeling well paired with working on some larger DIY's, posting has been a little more sparse.  Hopefully things get back to normal in the next week or two around here.

As our living room comes together, I have been starting to think about some of the smaller touches.  The living room will still house our television and components, so of course that also means we will have a few remote controls on our hands.  I have tried boxes and baskets for remotes, but they always end up lost, so this time I thought I would keep things "clear" for everyone.


We have remotes of different shapes and sizes, so I was on the hunt for something that could accommodate those needs.  Well, you know my love for acrylic.  The moment I spotted a desktop organizer and saw all of the compartments in various sizes, I knew it was just what we needed.

And it was!  Plus, knowing that it will live on a shelf near our television, I also wanted to be able to toss a few current magazines, a notepad and some reading glasses into the mix.  Easiest solution ever; acrylic desktop organizer = awesome remote control living room caddy organizer.


You can find acrylic organizers just about anywhere these days.  Amazon and HomeGoods are my "go to" spots, but Container Store and most office supply stores carry them as well.

All could have been left alone, but I spotted these little legs and couldn't wait to add them to the mix.  You know, just to take things up a decorative notch.


Hello spray paint season!  Oh, how I have missed you!!


Using my favorite gold spray paint, the legs instantly looked ultra glam.

A little clear E6000 glue later....


The glue cures pretty quickly and should provide an ultra strong hold.  The legs are pretty universal and should fit most corners without issue.  The possibilities are really endless, I have about three trays I am also eying up for this project.


Our TV shelves are not ready for me yet, but I couldn't help but toss a few items into the organizer to show how much it can hold and how versatile the storage can be.


Hopefully having all of the remotes in one easy to see and access place, will prevent us from losing them so frequently.  OK, who am I kidding, they grow legs in the night and walk off no matter what.  But at least they will look intentionally stored between uses!



37 comments:

  1. That is super cute! I love the feet on it!

    Her Heartland Soul
    http://herheartlandsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those feet totally upped the awesomeness factor! Can't wait to see the finished living room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am completely smitten with those little organizer feet...I feel like I might spend some highly unproductive time looking around my house for items to put them on...love the remote caddy. I need to add a side table in my office/guest room and this in definitely one of those ideas I can easily add in there.

    Thanks for sharing, Jen!

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the legs give it a different vibe. Congratulations on the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't something how those remotes "walk" off. LOL Same thing happens in our house. Those darn gremlins... must be, right? :) Kids always say they didn't do it. Your caddy looks wonderful.

    Hope you are feeling better. Sure is gorgeous out today, isn't it?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who thinks to add legs to an acrylic organizer?! This is why I love coming here to see what you've thought up. Have you shared where you found that cover for your tablet? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanna! The tablet cover is Kate Spade, the pattern is so pretty I wish I could wallpaper my whole house in it! ;) xoxo!

      Delete
  7. The feet are adorable. I love all the gold!

    Antonella | www.loveyourhomeblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those legs totally glammed up this organizer more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, Too cute and totally funtional! This will be my next DIY! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see your built-in update!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! I never know what to do with my husband's gaming controllers. This would be the perfect solution.

    Kristi
    www.beloverly.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is very cute! Where did you buy the acrylic organizer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irene,

      I purchased it on Amazon, however, you can often times find similar options at HomeGoods, Container Store and at many office supply stores.

      xoxo!

      Delete
  12. Love this very essential diy of yours!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh! This is so good. This is perfect for a few catchall spots in my house. Thank you!

    Cheers,
    Madeline
    www.whitewallcollective.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an elegant caddy stand! Now I like to put golden little legs on every organizer in my room :)

    Miss Eleigh Neux | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! I've really missed your posts like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice I love it! I'm also so obsessed with acrylic organizers... Thanks for sharing!♥

    http://butterflycharms.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness Jen! I love how you can turn something that is so great already and make it look even more amazing! Love those little legs!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooo how I share your love of all things acrylic (except maybe acrylic nails that is). Brilliant, cute idea to keep an office accessory from looking like one. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Like everyone here... I love the feet! Those make the organizer chic and upscale. Spray paint and E6000 can transform anything!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Did you paint your remote?! How?! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not - I found it on Amazon last year. :) I think I have seen other colored options at Target as well. xoxo!

      Delete
  21. That is a very cute idea! Never would have thought about that on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I, too, love the feet! Thanks for the link to them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love that even your Playstation remote is gold lol. Also funny you said spray paint season is back. I said that a few months ago to a non-crafty friend and she looked at me like I had two heads. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is adorable! The feet are the perfect touch to take this from utilitarian to beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh, that is so stylish and ingenious! Seriously, you could start a product line with that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this, too! Would love shopping details on your iPad case. It looks like a Kate Spade print but I'm not seeing it on the website. Can you point me in the right direction?

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is way too cute! I love how you spray painted the little legs. I have got to make myself one of these.

    The Office Stylist
    www.theofficestylist.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an awesome idea! I've bandied about the idea of baskets for remote storage as well, but they're never sturdy enough for the taller remotes and there was never room for our game console remotes. Using an acrylic tray will solve both problems... plus those little legs - brilliant! Man, I don't know how you always seem to come up with such inspired touches! We can always count on you for handy and super stylish tips. Thanks for yet another!
    S

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love love..such a simple touch to fabulous! Also can you provide the source where you got your kate spade tablet cover? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I purchased it directly from the Kate Spade site a few months ago. :) xo!

      Delete
  30. I would love to know if the feet you applied to the caddy are still on. I purchased all of the supplies to do this over a year ago, but I worry about how hardy it will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are still going strong! You can see in my holiday home tour (http://www.iheartorganizing.com/2016/12/our-holiday-home-2016.html) that I actually moved the organizer to my office. I also added the same feet to an acrylic tray near my coffee maker and they have also stayed put through many cleanings. :) Hope you commit and love the outcome!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to join in on the conversation! I read and appreciate each and every comment, however, I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious, or spam-like. I would love for this comment section to be used as a place to engage in purposeful dialogue, I only ask that everyone remains constructive and considerate.

All comments will be moderated and may take a moment to appear.