Thursday, February 26, 2015

23 UHeart Organizing: Flirty & Fun Storage

You all know how much I personally heart a pretty paper project.  Decorative paper can make anything fun and fabulous!  I especially love how it allows you to repurpose everyday items or upgrade inexpensive finds, into something that you want to look at and use.  Aniko, from Place of My Taste, found the most beautiful paper and created sweet and simple storage that she uses at her desk, however, I also envision it being great in an entryway, bedroom or bathroom.  Here she is now to share the details of her quick and easy yet oh-so-gorgeous and budget friendly storage project.


Hello Everyone! It's Aniko from Place Of My Taste and I am so thrilled to be here again today. I am still humbled to be among such amazing and talented ladies on the iHeart Organizing team. Back in October, on my debut here, I shared a wonderful jewelry organizer with you all, and today I will show you how I prettied up a plain $1 compartment container with gorgeous wrapping paper to brighten up my office desk and organize my small desk accessories. When it comes to organizing, I always try to bring in style and color to the space I am working on. Last fall I took the One Room Challenge and was challenged to make over a room in 6 weeks. I chose my really cluttered, unorganized and unfinished office space. I planed every little detail out and I can probably proudly say that 90% of the planned projects were finished.

Here is a quick image for you to get an idea how my office/craft room looks like right now, so you can vision my new pretty desk organizer in my space.


Target is my favorite one stop shop. I know, yours too, right? I think Target was pretty smart to add The One Spot section right at the door. Sometimes I don't even make it further as I can find so many fabulous things there. That is where I picked up this inexpensive, $1 plastic compartment container a couple months ago, saying, "I am sure I can use this for something".  Story of my life!

I also picked up this oh my goodness gorgeous flower wrapping paper while in the store. As soon as I spied this paper from distance, I knew that "she" will come home with me. Loving the colors and the watercolor effect.


Things I used:
  • gorgeous flower wrapping paper
  • scissors
  • $1 compartment container
  • school glue
  • paintbrush
  • pencil


This was a 10 minute quick transformation. First I took off the lid from the plastic compartment container and traced the shape on the back of the wrapping paper. Then, I repeated and cut out 4 little pieces to cover the inside of the container. I applied glue on my paintbrush and brushed the glue on the lid as well as the bottom of the container. Smoothed the wrapping paper slowly with my hand.

That is it my dears!

Quick, easy, inexpensive and gorgeous little container/organizer makeover.


While I was on roll with organizing my washi tapes and paper binder clips to my container, I quickly prettied up my paper binder clips with my golden washi tape. Simple yet very decorative fix.


15 minutes later I had the perfect little organizer container dressed up for my tiny office accessories.



Here is how my darling organizer shows on my desk. What do you think?


If you would like to see more of this office room, come tour my Office Room/Craft Room Reveal.


Well, I hope that I inspired you to create something beautiful for your home, for yourself or for a friend. Inspiration is everywhere! Will be back in a few months... until then come and see what I am working on currently or come grab a yummy 15 minute recipe.  Cheers!




"Hey there. My name is Aniko and I blog over at Place Of My Taste. I am a wife, mother, business owner by day, DIY-er by night, design, decor and photography lover by heart who loves to cook, taste wine, dance for therapy and create all things beautiful. I share all this love over at my blog - at my happy place. Come see me there. xo"



23 comments:

  1. That is some gorgeous wrapping paper! How come I didn't spot that at my Target lol. The whole space is very pretty. I could definitely work in there!

    Antonella | Love Your Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to finish decking out our office, this has given me some really good ideas! Thank you

    Leah @ The Shelf Society

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute! I LOVE that wrapping paper, and hadn't ever thought of using wrapping paper as a decoration tool! Thanks for the adorable idea and instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great Jen, thanks for sharing:)

    ~Be Sweet
    Christina
    at SWEET HAUTE

    ReplyDelete
  5. So CUTE! I love the wrapping paper!! Wish I didn't have to drive 45 minutes to the closest Target!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this! It's so pretty. And the entire workspace just looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this! That paper is SOOOOO pretty

    Great work :) Love the office space as well

    Lauren | LB Designs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute and so easy! I need to do this! I have a million little things cluttering up my desk.

    Her Heartland Soul
    http://herheartlandsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is that?! The whole office is amazing!! I'm working on a project that requires 12 binders, does anyone have a great source for pretty binders in a range of colors?! Jen? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love binders! Check out Target, See Jane Work & Staples for pretty options. :) xo!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much!! I went with Staples!

      Delete
  10. So nice! Where are those scissors from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a pair a Target right before Christmas.

      Delete
    2. I have seen similar scissors at Target and Amazon. xoxo!

      Delete
  11. This is adorable! That One Spot sections has me hooked every time and there are so many great deals there. Off to check out your craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The organizer is really cute and washi tape in binder clips, why didn't I think of that? I love it. Also, I recognize those scissors too, I got a pair at Christmas time. Wrapping gifts was so much more fun with pretty scissors. Thank goodness for Target.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That really looks great. It sounds easy enough for me to do. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. super cute!! love the palette you chose! Hi! Visiting from the Tatertots and Jello link party! Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your desk is goals!! So perfect :) http://kirsty.ws/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Picked up 3 rolls of this wrapping paper today at Target. Check out lady commented on its beauty! Couldn't find the clear plastic box thought. RATS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to join in on the conversation! I read and appreciate each and every comment, however, I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious, or spam-like. I would love for this comment section to be used as a place to engage in purposeful dialogue, I only ask that everyone remains constructive and considerate.

All comments will be moderated and may take a moment to appear.