Tuesday, September 3, 2013

27 WE Heart Organizing! Let's Party!

Did you all have a wonderful, happy and relaxing holiday weekend?  We made sure to combine a little family relaxation with project time to create the perfect weekend mix. 

So now that September is here, let's reflect on August.  Did you organize something?  Anything?  I sure hope so because I want to see it!


This summer threw me for a loop as I tried to juggle full time mom of three very active little men, while also running a blog, organizing, working on house projects, running a shop... oy!  Soooo much greatness, not enough time in the day.  But hopefully I am not the only one who loves to do some organizing just as much as I love having fun in the sun.  It's amazing what even 15 minutes of organizing can do to positively impact life.

As we often do around here, we mixed some organizing and planning with some painting and bathroom remodeling.  Here is a quickie recap of what we took on in August.


  • We completely overhauled our guest bathroom!  And it really makes my heart flutter.  You can find the full reveal here, which will also you link back to five other fun-filled days of live bathroom updates.
  • Then I spilled how we budgeted for the project here.
  • I shared my experience at Haven.  Yep, I tackled my fear of public speaking, laughed, bonded and made amazing memories.
  • We gave some lamps a fresh coat of paint, and now our bedroom feels like a whole new space.
  • Today is the first day of school and we were ready for it!  Check out this post to see how we created a lunch station, organized the cubbies and study boxes, slipped back into a clothing plan and began our school year routine.
  • Preston's closet needed a little love and organization, just in time for school to start.  You can find part one of the makeover here.





A huge thank you to all who participate in these challenges.  We had almost 200 link-ups last month, let's raise the bar this month.  It is always so fun and rewarding to see all of the amazingness that you all take on.  I find so many new ideas and projects for my personal To Do list, and inspiration from your endless creativity, so these monthly parties really do make an impact.

Thank you everyone and...

27 comments:

  1. I overwhelmed myself with organized this past week with my husband gone fighting fires! I sure wish my organizing could look as pretty as yours does... hee hee. I'm working on it! I've got to learn to focus on one thing at a time...i'm impatient and want it all done at once! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that you are excited to organize! One day at a time my friend! :)

      xo,
      Jen

      Delete
  2. Hooray for organizing! I can't wait to see all the ideas this month - I need to get back into the swing of organizing things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting Jen! Can't wait to ooh & ahh over all the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again for hosting, Jen! Things have been CHAOS around here as we've redone our master bedroom! Today we moved back in and I got some MEGA organizing/cleaning done! I'll have lots to link up for September! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Can't wait to see it! Congrats on the new bedroom, that has got to feel amazing! So exciting!

      xo,
      Jen

      Delete
  5. As you said Jen, it is amazing what 15 minutes can accomplish. I have no photos or a blog to share, but I will chime in and say that my laundry closet was becoming worse and worse over a few months time. Good grief, I look at it every day, and in the back of my mind I knew it would only take a bit of time to clear it out, wipe it down and put it back in order, and yet, I still watched it get worse and worse! Finally, I started. In about 30 minutes it was done, and the system in place was even tweaked just a bit to be more efficient. Why do we wait??? :)
    Happy September Jen!
    -Anita Y. in Southern California
    P.S. I can't wait to take a look at "how to organize your gmail." I need that!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your story Anita! It is such a great reminder what just a few minutes can do to help us day after day. Kudos to you for taking on a thorn in your side!

      xo,
      Jen

      Delete
  6. Thanks for hosting! Looking forward to seeing peoples' ideas! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeahhh got something to share finally! just read through the picture since i am using my own national language...hihu ;}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen! I love, love, LOVE the new headshot! You look gorgeous! Thanks for hosting another fabulous organizing link up! I love these! Hope you are having a wonderful week, girl!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting, I love all of this gorgeous inspiration!

    Sorry for naming our link "DIY PLAYBOOK" instead of bar cart organizing tips! #rookiemistake haha but seriously, we won't let it happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog! I try to follow your advice and proposals, and I am very excited to participate with the way we have organized school supplies of my twin sons. I'll read the other proposals.
    Best regards from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! I love link up party time ... So inspirational! Thanks for being such a gracious host!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun to get to check out so many projects! Thanks for the link up and I agree with Abby, your new headshot is beautiful, I noticed it first thing! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for hosting! I get so many great ideas from everybody and I have found some amazing blogs to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for hosting Jen! I always love seeing all the fabulous projects! Happy September and have a lovely week! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for so many inspirations. I finished a lot of projects this month - reorganised my pantry cupboards, created a school year planner for myself, made homework boxes, and made several small storage items for a much larger project that I've nearly finished. I've added a link for one of my projects above - lucky no. 206!! Katie
    Random Crafting Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wahooooo Katie! You should be super proud, and I bet it feels fantastic! Can't wait to check them out!

      Delete
  16. Thanks for hosting this amazing link party, Jen! I love finding inspiration from others thru the link ups :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for hosting! I always love some good organizing inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for hosting such an awesome link party! So many awesome ideas!!!

    Elizabeth
    http://www.acupacup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to join in on the conversation! I read and appreciate each and every comment, however, I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious, or spam-like. I would love for this comment section to be used as a place to engage in purposeful dialogue, I only ask that everyone remains constructive and considerate.

All comments will be moderated and may take a moment to appear.