Wednesday, June 8, 2011

36 Reader Space: Kevin & Amanda's Uber Organized Abode

If you haven't been to Kevin & Amanda's blog, let me tell you, you are missing out.  It's chock full of lovely lovely photography and endless home and blogging tips and tricks and food, oh the food!  Yes, it's a very well rounded blog that sucks me in and leaves me feeling, well, inspired of course!



Because there is oodles of organizing going on in their home, I thought a little compilation post of their incredible projects would be great fun this Wednesday!!

Let's start out in the heart of the home.  Their kitchen!  And I want to get nosy and go inside the cabinets.  And then show you what I found!  Like some insanely genius use of space!


She found some organizers at Walmart, for her dishes and pans.  How did I not know that these amazing pan organizers existed?  Talk about Super Smart Storage!


I am so excited about the fact that pans can completely increase their life and become so much more accessible vs. the traditional stack and stuff method.  Even all those trays have a perfect place to call home!


Moving on to the bedroom where Amanda put together the sweetest earring display for under $6!


She started out with a black 8×10 picture frame from Walmart, $3. They also have 8.5×11 document frames which would be good too, for a little extra space. On the same aisle, she picked up some picture hanging wire. They sold them in packages of 6′ for $0.97 and she used two.


Amanda gave the frame a couple coats of paint with an almost-but-not-quite white acrylic paint using some sponge brushes, which did all of the distressing on their own!



Next, she took a piece of wire and laid it across the back of the frame. She folded it over twice so that she had three strands folded together that were just a little longer than the width of the frame {this was to make the hanging wire a little thicker}.



Twist the wires loosely so they hold together, but loose enough so you can stick a post earring through there if you want!


She stapled the wire to the frame, then folded and tucked the wire so it wouldn’t come out. If you don’t have a staple gun, you could also use small nails or tacks to wrap the wire around and hold in place.  Here is a look at the back:



With an end result of jewelry storage meets pretty room accessory!


Her awesomeness doesn't stop there!  Oh no, there is more!  Like their laundry room!  Oh, how I adore laundry rooms and Kevin & Amanda's is a perfect example as to why!


More cabinet peaking?  Oooh la la!


She actually found these honey colored baskets and spray painted them to make them pop in the space!  Smart move!

And the storage cart next to the washer is really helping them out so they aren't having to reach up high for all those laundry basics!


This next space is for you craftaholics out there.  Yeah, be ready to be a smidge floored.  Then, times that by a gazillion.  This has to be the most incredible craft space I have ever seen!


Let's zoom in shall we!


Pretty jars for floral embellishments!


Plastic labeled drawers for scrap paper!  Love that it's easy to save and reuse!

We already cabinet crashed... are the drawers as organized?  Well of course they are!





And how about all that paper? She has boatloads of paper and it needed proper storing to ensure it lasted!  This storage was actually made by her dad!  Incredible right?


And she purchased some as well!



Stickers fit perfectly in binders!


And magazines, in, well, magazine files!!  Labeled to boot!


There is oh so much more to be seen here, ENJOY!

Thank you Kevin & Amanda for allowing me to share all of your awesomeness today!  Such incredible spaces to poke around in!

What do you all think?  Excited to find a new blog to stalk with me?  Who's already halfway done pulling everything out of their kitchen cabinets?  Are there any other storage essentials out there that you are absolutely smitten with, that I don't know about? 




ATTENTION!!  Want to be featured in a Reader Space edition?  Have an awesome organizing story to share?  I am looking for projects that have made a positive impact to your life.  Please send your story and photos to iheartorganizing@gmail.com and I would heart to feature them right here, on the blog!!  Photos should be high resolution and un-editted.  Please include a description of the project, including any costs, inspiration, and how it has changed your life and routine for the better!  Oh, and no worries my friends, we will NEVER judge "before" pictures because that just wouldn't be nice!  Only love goes on at this blog!  More Info HERE.

36 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I'll have to get some of those tray organizers! Do you know where I can get a storage cart like the one in the laundry room??? I've been looking for something like that for a while. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Gosh. That is the most incredible craft room I have ever seen! Love the earring display. I've got to make one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked through their home tour on their blog a while back and was absolutely FLOORED!!! That craft room is something else! She puts Michaels to shame! LOL. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That craft room is amazing! And I love the earring display! I may just have to make one of those. Off to stalk her blog some more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I am just dying over that craft room. I don't know what I'd do with all those supplies, it's like shopping at Michaels! I am seriously impressed by how well she organized that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the laundry room ideas! I'm just starting to re-do mine (1st zone of "garage organization")...I can't get enough laundry room ideas lately! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa! I wish that my house was that organized.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Her laundry room was my inspiration when I repainted everything two years ago!

    http://fatcontrolfreak.blogspot.com/2010/08/laundry-room-before-and-after-pic-heavy.html

    And her craft room? TO DIE FOR!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely faaaaaabooooooooo! Thanks for sharing, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing space!Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What amazing organizing, I think I'm going to go buy some of the pot and pan organizers today! And I have no words for the awesomeness of the craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! I want her craft room! And laundry room. I might have to go to Walmart tonight to buy the cabinet organizers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very cool! Her office looks like it should be a scrapbooking store, it is SOO organized! I also really like the laundry, it looks neat and functional!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally inspired! I've just visited our local storage store and came away with some great fixes. Storage for my serving plates, cake tins and trays, under counter storage for foils and wraps. Fantastic ideas...thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your scrapbooking organizing photos! I have many clients that would love to have a space like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. DROOL!!! I wish I had the room to be that organized!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think at one point during this post I was drooling over how great the organization was! What wonderful spaces and ideas! Thanks for sharing and as always thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love kevin&amanda's site! it's my staple sites. The craft room is amazing! Put martha stewart to shame!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the way all the stickers are stored, I will be using that one.

    Come organize my house!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy mackerel! I've just picked my jaw up off the floor after viewing that craft room, and this is all I can say: Craft room, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways ...

    Best,

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my word! Would it be creepy if I duplicated everything about their home in my own home?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've actually been following Kevin & Amanda for months now. Love this blog. But I must have missed that post about the kitchen storage. OMG.....I'm so ordering or going out and buying some of those. That would organize my kitchen sooooo much better. Life will be easier in the kitchen with storage solutions like this. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been reading Amanda's blog for awhile now and she's amazing! Not only is she a talented crafter, but she's an awesome cook and her home is beautifully decorated. The first time I saw pics of her craft room, my mouth literally dropped open at all the amazingness.

    I'm definitely going to look into some of those racks to organize my pans and bakeware.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm pretty much speechless...it's amazingly organized.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am almost speechless! Most organized place I havew ever seen. I WANT those kitchen cabinets rack for the pots and pans! Thanks for sharing this, I am offf to see their blog! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, I want her to come to my house and do the same! Beautiful organization!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ok, I am not trying to be any way, but REALLY? Does this women not have anything better to do with her time or money than to build a mini-michaels in her home???

    I can totally get behind the kitchen organization and the laundry room. but the craft wing makes me a little peeved. There are small countries that could be fed for a year on the money in this space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh come on! It's none of our business how this lady uses her own money. The organization is fabulous.

      Delete
  28. @Onna,

    We all have our passions and hobbies and there could be endless reasons as to why Amanda has the craft items she does {maybe she runs a business, it's all been accumulated over time, etc..} Whichever the reason, the space is extremely well organized and functional which is why it was perfect for a feature!

    Thanks so much for checking in!

    xoxo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love it! So many fantastic ideas. I really love the kitchen cabinets and laundry cart. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh My! I also have been looking for a storage cart for my laundry room like this too! Do you know where it was purchased?

    ReplyDelete
  31. You inspire me! Exceptional organization that I will attempt. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You inspire me! Exceptional organization that I will attempt. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm flabbergasted! Literally, I had to pick my jaw up from the laptop several times just so I could scroll down the post. I WANT this organization. It is amazing. I have my cookie sheets in a rack under my kitchen sink, but I never thought of using the racks for my casserole dishes and pans. My daughter would love the earring organizer. That craft room is to die for! I want to know what is in those great baskets in her laundry room...

    ~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to join in on the conversation! I read and appreciate each and every comment, however, I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious, or spam-like. I would love for this comment section to be used as a place to engage in purposeful dialogue, I only ask that everyone remains constructive and considerate.

All comments will be moderated and may take a moment to appear.