IHeart my life planner. I mentioned here why. But it's quite simple really. It is my glue. It keeps my family and I together.
Any planner will do really, although I am personally quite partial to the ErinCondren.com version. It fits me to a T.
Here are some tips on how I have personally found a planner beneficial for our clan:
- It's portable. The perfect size to be tucked in a bag and taken with me anywhere I go, yet stylish enough to leave out on our kitchen counter for the whole family to reference.
- When the little ones bring home important papers/dates from school, when an invitation, vet or dental card comes in the mail or when I am on the phone chatting with my pals planning a girls night out, my planner is the first place I go to write in all the school events, appointments and plans.
- I use it to keep track of important events for the kiddos, like their spelling test days, share days and after school activities.
- It can be used as a great place to put in daily meals when doing our weekly meal planning.
- Birthdays and anniversaries are never forgotten because they are all marked in at the beginning of the year.
- FAMILY NIGHT! We personally schedule our family night in our planner each week. Why? Because if we don't, we get busy with all the other hustle and bustle that life brings. Last minute dinner invites and sporting events and other random plans that come up, leaving family night in the dust. When we put it on a calendar, it comes first and we are obligated to say, "No" to other things that just pop up.
- Wish list plans. In the back of my planner there is a section for "Notes". The family did a pow-wow and came up with a giant wish list of items we would like to do in 2011. The list included things like camping trips, volunteer work, exploring new parks, bowling nights and trips to the beach. We then looked through the year and put many of the events on our calendar now. Why? Because if we don't, weekends fill up so fast, that it becomes a challenge to get away. We cherish our family moments and time together and doing this allows us to really prioritize what is important to us and hold us accountable to giving our kids many amazing childhood experiences.
That's right, when I ordered mine this year, I happened to pick one up for you too! Because of your daily comments, sweet words, inspiration, drive to become more organized, emails and questions. Because you all keep this blog alive, and I am grateful!
Here is what the lucky winner will receive:
One 2011 ErinCondren Life Planner!
Colorful pages to brighten each day!
Inspirational quotes to start every month off right and blank pages for notes!
Oooh la la! Colorful stickers for bright reminders of important dates!
And keep it all together with a 2-sided pocket to hold loose items!
And so so so much more is packed inside!
1} Anyone is eligible to enter. Only one entry per person, duplicate entries will be disqualified.
2} Leave your email or blog address so I have a way to contact you if you win.
3} Leave a comment on the giveaway post stating "IHeart Planning" and for fun, tell me something about how you plan out your days, weeks, months!? How do you keep it all together from day to day? What's the most exciting thing you have planned this year?!
Giveaway is open from Tuesday, 12/28 through 9 p.m. central time Thursday, 12/30. One winner will be selected using random.org.
Good luck my blog friends!