Friday, March 5, 2010

3 Ring Around the Dishtowel

Sometimes, it's the little things in life {or decorating}, that make us smile and happy, much more so than the huge things.  Don't get me wrong, when I change out the lighting in our kitchen and entryway {huge weekend project!}, the impact will most likely have me moving my bed to the cooking space, just to take in the new glimmer for moments on end, however, this little project has me almost as giddy!  And it was free because I just used something I already had in my kitchen drawer, to switch things up a bit!

Yes folks, I absolutely get excited over the biggest and littlest things, and I am definitely OK with that!

It actually started awhile back I was strolling through Pier1 and found this little precious napkin ring, that instantly stole my heart:
 Sometimes, admittingly, I have an impulsive shopping problem, and when it came to my new friend here, I caved instantly.  And the weird part was, I didn't know exactly what I was going to do with it, but I knew it would be perfect somewhere in my kitchen.  So, I only bought one.  Because I already have a set of 6 napkin rings that rarely get used when entertaining, so 6 more were not necessary.  Nope, just one would be perfect, and to be used as a Napkin Ring, it wouldn't be.  When I got it home, I peaked around the room and nothing triggered the perfect spot, so into a drawer it went, to be used at a later date.

Enter this lonely dishtowel hanging over my stove handle:

 

Although it's already naturally adorable and the pattern takes me away daily with it's charm:


{Who knows where I am going with this?}  Isn't it sort of screaming for a little extra attention?

So, a little extra attention it got, in the form of a picture perfect napkin ring:

 

Yeppers, that napkin ring hugged the dishtowel like they were long lost siblings.


You know, "Brothers Gotta Hug" Tommy Boy style.  And that is just what they did:

 

And now we are all living happily in our newly updated kitchen space.


Crazy how something so tiny can make such a great change!  And really, it doesn't get any easier than sliding a napkin ring onto the front of the dishtowel.  So dig into your drawers, and do something a little unexpected this weekend!  Find a new use for something old, you never know the great impact to your space you could create!  Actually, it's kind of like being back in school, I am assigning you some homework, and I am hoping someone is brave enough to share their mini makeover with us!



3 comments:

  1. Super cute idea! That napkin ring looks perfect with that towel. I love it when inspiration strikes and you are able to spruce up something with something else you already had on hand. Awesome! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chelsea, and thanks for stopping by to check out the blog each day, brings a smile to my face! You have a wonderful weekend as well!

    xoxo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so great! I'm a napkin ring addict... but I honestly never have any reason to use them. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to join in on the conversation! I read and appreciate each and every comment, however, I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious, or spam-like. I would love for this comment section to be used as a place to engage in purposeful dialogue, I only ask that everyone remains constructive and considerate.

All comments will be moderated and may take a moment to appear.