Thursday, December 3, 2009

0 Makeup Makeover!



Because I posted my first big "away from home" organization project, I thought I would stick with the Bathroom/Linen theme this week.  Specifically, a gals good friend, Makeup!

One of the guidelines I shared with my mom, was from one of my most favorite books, Real Simple: the Organized Home. It walked through the process of sorting through that makeup bag, or drawer or caddy.

Here is what we learned:

"When editing the contents of the medicine cabinet and/or makeup drawer, consider the age and the condition of your makeup and applicators.  You'll probably end up tossing more than you think - and not feeling guilty about it."

I put together a little reference grid below (click to enlarge):


"It is also important to keep makeup tubes and bottles and makeup applicators in top shape.

Makeup Wands: If needed, clean them with tissue paper, not facial tissue, which will leave lint behind.
Cotton Swabs: Dip them into makeup remover to clean around the necks of makeup tubes; use nail-polish remover to do the same with bottles of nail polish.
Makeup Brushes: Use baby shampoo to wash them, then let them air dry before returning them to the cabinet or drawer.


Some pretty great tips, gotta love Real Simple!  For me personally?  I love to tote around my makeup in this little Acrylic Vanity Tote from The Container Store.  Everything is sorted and visible and mobile, making my mornings a breeze.  Anything that can help me out in the mornings, is worth hearting!

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

IHeart you taking a moment to comment! Although I absolutely appreciate, consider and read each and every comment, I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious or spam like. This blog is my happy place, let's keep the drama at bay!

Don't see your comment? All comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Thanks again my lovely friends! XO!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...