Thursday, December 3, 2009

0 Makeup Makeover!



Because I posted my first big "away from home" organization project, I thought I would stick with the Bathroom/Linen theme this week.  Specifically, a gals good friend, Makeup!

One of the guidelines I shared with my mom, was from one of my most favorite books, Real Simple: the Organized Home. It walked through the process of sorting through that makeup bag, or drawer or caddy.

Here is what we learned:

"When editing the contents of the medicine cabinet and/or makeup drawer, consider the age and the condition of your makeup and applicators.  You'll probably end up tossing more than you think - and not feeling guilty about it."

I put together a little reference grid below (click to enlarge):


"It is also important to keep makeup tubes and bottles and makeup applicators in top shape.

Makeup Wands: If needed, clean them with tissue paper, not facial tissue, which will leave lint behind.
Cotton Swabs: Dip them into makeup remover to clean around the necks of makeup tubes; use nail-polish remover to do the same with bottles of nail polish.
Makeup Brushes: Use baby shampoo to wash them, then let them air dry before returning them to the cabinet or drawer.


Some pretty great tips, gotta love Real Simple!  For me personally?  I love to tote around my makeup in this little Acrylic Vanity Tote from The Container Store.  Everything is sorted and visible and mobile, making my mornings a breeze.  Anything that can help me out in the mornings, is worth hearting!

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a moment to join in on the conversation! I read and appreciate each and every comment, however, I will remove any comment that I believe to be inappropriate, malicious, or spam-like. I would love for this comment section to be used as a place to engage in purposeful dialogue, I only ask that everyone remains constructive and considerate.

All comments will be moderated and may take a moment to appear.